At the successful lifting of General Steam Navigations Boiler from the frames on Friday 2nd October, the prize draw as part of our “Sponsor an inch or more” appeal also took place and the winners are detailed below.
The “Sponsor an inch or more” fund raising appeal was launched back in March this year and very quickly raised the funds to cover the cost of the crane hire for the boiler lift.
The society would like to express our thanks to all whom to took part and contributed to this major milestone in the restoration of General Steam Navigation back to her original 1950s condition.
The draw for prizes was made at significant points during the boiler lift and winners are:
- Crane set up and ready to lift – GSN Pint Glass – Shaun Bradbury
- First Inch lifted – GSN Mug – Ian Comley
- Maximum lift point of the boiler reached – A years free Society Membership – Alex Clements
- Boiler lifted clear of frames – A Graham Farish N gauge Merchant Navy Pacific model – Michael Hampton
- Last inch of lift completed – GSN Mug – Andrew Charmer-Stevens
- Boiler in new resting place – A Bachmann 00 gauge H2 Class locomotive – Alex Clements
- Crane released from boiler – GSN Pint Glass – Simon Shutt
- Boiler lift success – Bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne – Andrew Stokes
All the winners will be contacted by email on the next few days to make arrangements to send the prizes.
The major boiler lift milestone allows the project to more onto the next exciting stages of restoration and details of how you can get involved with future fund raising campaigns and be a part of the success of the project will be announced soon.